Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Life As I Know It

It's funny, but I often-times find myself wondering just what in the world I did before I had kids.  And there are those rare moments in my life when I DO remember and think: What in the world was I thinking?!  When we first moved here we had nothing.  We were straight out of college, new to our jobs, new to this city, and with NO responsibilities.  No house, no dog, no kids. . .and well, no friends!  And can you believe it?  Those are the times that I reminisce about.  Not college parties, or high school football games. . .nope. . .I reminisce about the time when it was just Jason and I taking on the world.  Young, newly married, not a care in the world, and so, so, so in love.  <sigh>  But you know what?  Even though everything has changed since that first year we were married, there is one thing that remains a constant.  We are still so utterly in love with each other that it makes all of life's stresses worth it.

My stresses have names: Lauren Joan, who will turn 6 very soon, and Braden David who is all of 3 years old.  I love them more than life itself, even on those days when the majority of my thoughts and prayers start like this: Please God, grant me the strength to deal with my children today. =)

I hope that you will enjoy reading about my little stresses and find my blog entertaining.  I would love to have followers. =)

2 comments: